Sunday, October 4, 2015

Time to Deal with It


Exodus 4: 24-26 At a lodging place on the way the Lord met him and sought to put him to death. 25 Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son's foreskin and touched Moses'[a] feet with it and said, “Surely you are a bridegroom of blood to me!” 26 So he let him alone. It was then that she said, “A bridegroom of blood,” because of the circumcision

In Exodus our text is sandwich in middle of the scriptures detailing Moses return to Egypt. In Exodus 4:18-23 Moses is preparing to return to Egypt and God is instructing him on what to say, In Exodus 27-31 Aaron goes and meets Moses and they return to Egypt to meet with the elders.

On His journey to do the will of God, the Lord meets him to kill him. {Exodus 4:24 At a lodging place on the way the Lord met him and sought to put him to death.}

Moses had forgotten to follow the covenant God made with Abraham regarding circumcision. {Gen. 17:10-14}. This one act of disobedience if not correct would have forfeit his purpose. God stopped the journey to deal with this issue.

This text reminded me of just how important it is that we make sure there are no hidden issues in our hearts or lives on our journey to do the will of God. We must go to God and ask that He reveal, root out, and heal any hidden issues or sin in our lives.  

Prayer: Father I want to fulfill the purpose you have for me. As I embrace the journey you have place me on I give you permission to reveal to me any issues or hidden sins in my life. Not only reveal it to me but root-out any and everything that would hinder me from doing your will. In Jesus name amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment