Monday, November 16, 2015

Oneness


John 1:1-3New International Version (NIV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

It is amazing that both John and Genesis start the same in the beginning. We see in John that the Word was present in the beginning. John says the Word was with God and was God. The Word is just as divine as God they are one. John was letting us know that Jesus was the Word [(14) The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth}.  Jesus and the Father are one. {John30 I and the Father are one.”}  Must importantly Jesus prayed that we too would be one with Him and the Father. {John 17:20-21} My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. This is my heart desire to have this type of relationship with Elohim.

I pray for true intimacy in our relationship with God. That we settle for nothing less. In Jesus name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment