Monday, November 23, 2015

John 14:26


John 14:26 AMP

But the [a]Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you.

The Holy Spirit is the third part of the Holy Trinity. The Holy Spirit is very important in the life of the believer. The Holy Spirit is our helper here on this earth. WE need Him. The Amplified Bible gives us ways the Holy Spirit can help us. Over the next week we will look at the six ways the Holy Spirt can help us.

He is a comforter. In life there will be times that we all need to be comforted. During those times the only real comfort we get will be from the Holy Spirit. No matter much people try to comfort us there will be those time when the Spirit will our true source of comfort. For me this was during the time right after I lost my mother. The Holy Spirit was a true comforter. Many of nights the Spirit would give me a song to sing or a verse to read to comfort my aching heart.

If you are in need of comfort I challenge you to rest in the arms of the Spirit and allow Him to breath comfort to your spirit, soul and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment