Thursday, September 17, 2015

Golden Rule


Many of us have been taught the golden rule {Matt. 7:12} therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do you even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. (KJV) It was not until I read this passage in the Message Bible that it really became alive to me. Then Message Bible reads this way here is a simple rule of thumb for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you; then grab the initiative and do it for them!

The word “do” is a verb and verbs are about describing action.  Wow! That means we should be doing something. Often times when I think of this verse I think about my do not list but the verses says DO. So if we want to be bless we should bless others. If we want salvation for our family maybe we should witness to others.

Today I challenge you to sow into someone else whatever it is you want done to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment