Monday, August 10, 2015

The Whisper of God


Can you remember how many car horns you have heard today; or how many birds you heard chirping? Most of us can’t we have simply learn to tune out these everyday sounds, as we go about our busy day. I wonder how many of us have also tune out the whisper of God.

{1 Kings 19:11-12 (MSG)} Then he was told, “Go, stand on the mountain at attention before God. God will pass by. ”A hurricane wind ripped through the mountains and shattered the rocks before God, but God wasn’t to be found in the wind; after the wind an earthquake, but God wasn’t in the earthquake; and after the earthquake fire, but God wasn’t in the fire; and after the fire a gentle and quiet whisper.

Have we allowed the busyness of our day to drown out the gentle quiet whispers of God?  Is God not talking or are we not listening? Today I challenge you to take the time to quietly sit in the presence of God and listen for the whisper.

{John 10:27Amplified Bible (AMP)} The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they follow Me.

Prayer: Dear Father, today I wait for your whisper. Give me your divine instructions that I may do Your will.  In Jesus name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment